Sunday, July 12, 2009

Layout about udders - Maria



This is a layout I've been wanting to do for a long time, but my memorabilia storage was so messed up that I didn't know where things were. (Side note: organization REALLY is key to being able to create!) When I ran across these papers last week, I knew this was the first layout I wanted to do.

You can click on the picture to see a bigger image, but here's what the journaling says:

"I don’t remember exactly how it started, but sometime in 2005 Colin developed a strong and passionate interest in cows with udders (if they didn’t have udders, he wasn’t interested). He wanted to see cows in real life and drawings of cows; he started to collect his own cows; and one of his greatest ambitions was to milk a cow (happily fulfilled at Wheeler Farm while on vacation to Utah). He always asked me to draw pictures of cows for him, and then he’d draw his own. He was often content just drawing udders. He’d draw them over and over again.

One of the funniest moments brought about by this fixation was when he came home from his Primary class with a sheet of paper that was supposed to be about how he could show love for others. He thought the teacher had said “udders,” and happily drew udders all over the page! His teacher and I both got a pretty good laugh out of that. How I love my silly boy!"

No comments: