Tuesday, July 10, 2007

First home challenge - Maria

Maybe this is "cheating," but on this layout I used something I'd had for a really long time (the paper - one of the first 12" paper I ever bought! I've been waiting for a good time to use it); used ribbons (the fiber challenge from this week), and journaled about my first place - yup, three challenges down in one layout! (;

I'm posting a smaller image with both sides, and larger ones of each side so you can click on it if you want and read the journaling.

It was fun to do something so colorful. I kind of went off of the tie-dyed shirts I was wearing in the photos for inspiration. The ribbon on the bottom under the "home sweet home" one is actually an upside-down chartreuse ribbon - the blue underneath it was the closest thing I had to what I wanted. Normally, I would have matted at least one photo, or the journaling, but the paper was so bright I figured it all stood out from it enough. (:



No comments: