Monday, February 11, 2008

Scrap an emotion challenge - Maria

I've been working on using more authentic journaling in my scrapbooks. Sure, it's great to include birthday parties and trips to the zoo, but I'd like my children to get to know who *I* am by reading my scrapbooks, and that means writing about some of the painful things, too.

This layout was part of the "Book of Me" that I've been slowly putting together. It was hard to do, because it made me realize just how painful these memories still are. However, I also believe that being able to face them is a step towards healing them. Hopefully one of my next layouts in this album will be about how I was able to forgive the people involved and come to some peace about it.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maria, I love this layout. I love the pictures on one side and the writing on the other.
This layout made me sad for you. You really brought out my emotions, when I read this.

Anonymous said...

Very powerful. I love the colors- bright but muted. How do you know when you have forgiven someone? When it doesn't hurt anymore when you remember it. I hope you have that soon. (And then scrapbook it!) ~Bre