Sunday, March 16, 2008

Layout with 15+ brads challenge - Maria

I had fun with this one. If I were to do it over again, I'd take some time to space out the brads more evenly. I liked that the arrow made of brads helped point the title towards the dinner that Spencer was so anguished about.

I also used a technique I just saw in a magazine - when you mess up while handwriting (I goofed when writing "huge"), cover it up and repeat what you did so it looks like a deliberate design element. I actually like the effect of a few of the words covered in red, so I guess I'm glad I made a mistake. (:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! TOOORR-TUURRRE!!! And those big sad eyes just slay you. I especially love the effect of the black and white photo. Looks great! ~Bre

Shauna Callister said...

Wish I would have seen a layout like this when I used to teach my classes. I always told them, "you can't make a mistake, you can always cover it up." This would have been the perfect example.